118A Written resolutions of private companies
(1) Anything which in the case of a private company may be done-
(a) by resolution of the company in general meeting, or.(b) by resolution of a meeting of any class of members of the company, may be done, without a meeting and without any previous notice being required, by resolution in writing signed by or on behalf of all the members of the company who at the date of the resolution would be entitled to attend and vote at such meeting.
(2) The signatures need not be on a single document provided each is on a document which accurately states the terms of the resolution.
(3) The date of the resolution means the date on which the resolution is signed by or on behalf of the last member to sign.
(4) A resolution agreed to in accordance with this section has effect as if passed-
(a) by the company in general meeting, or
(b) by a meeting of the relevant class of members of the company, as the case may be; and any reference in any enactment to a meeting at which a resolution is passed or to members voting in favour of a resolution shall be construed accordingly.
(5) Any reference in any enactment to the date of passing of a resolution is, in relation to a resolution agreed to in accordance with this section, a reference to the date of the resolution, unless section 118B(4) applies in which case it shall be construed as a reference to the date from which the resolution has effect.
(6) A resolution may be agreed to in accordance with this section which would otherwise be required to be passed as a special or extraordinary resolution; and any reference in any enactment to a special or extraordinary resolution includes such a resolution.
(7) This section has effect subject to the exceptions specified in Part I of Schedule 6A to this Act; and in relation to certain descriptions of resolution under this section the procedural requirements of this Act have effect with the adaptations specified in Part II of that Schedule. [S 118A inserted by Companies Act 1992 Sch 3.]